Title: Communications Manager (RC Alumni & Development)
Reports to: Robert College Development Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· To execute RC’s communication strategy by helping develop relevant information and disseminating it to the school’s various constituencies under the direction of the Development Director.
· To take responsibility for the development and management of the Alumni and Development section of the Robert College Website in English and Turkish, producing and keeping content up to date.
· To write copy for and assist in the supervision of the production of various Alumni & Development office publications such as the RC Quarterly and the Honor Roll, as well as the E Newsletter.
· To write copy for external articles, press releases and develop other publicity materials as needed.
· To carry out general communications and marketing tasks which are part of the development effort. These include, but are not limited to, writing solicitation and acknowledgement letters, general e-mail messages to the constituencies as needed.
· As part of the development team, assist with general administrative duties ranging from answering incoming phone calls, hosting visitors, supporting volunteers - as well as supporting event organizations as determined by the development director.
· Be prepared to adapt to the evolving needs of the Development Office in preparation for the RC 150th Year Celebrations and Fund Raising Projects.
· Preferably being a Robert College graduate.
· Higher education in the fields of Communication, Journalism or Marketing is preferable.
· Approximately five to ten years of professional experience.
· Excellent writing skills in English and Turkish.
· Knowledge of a broad range of communications activities – including media, websites, publications, marketing, social media and event organization.
· Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to influence across the organization as well as externally.
· Proven experience of editing and producing publications.
· Ability to develop press releases and media relations.
· Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Good computer (MS Office) skills.
Note to interested parties:
Please submit your CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 15, 2011. You can also e-mail any referrals you might have to the same address. We have engaged services of a professional (also an RC graduate) to review all applications. After going through all submissions, we will circle back to candidates who are a good fit with the position.
RC Alumni & Development Office
January 20, 2011