Internet Resources to Help You Get Started and Explore Your Options.
First...Know Yourself - your academic strengths and interests, what you like to do in your free time and in what kind of environment you learn best.
Interests, College Majors and Career Resources
· Take a short interests assessment to help you learn more about your preferences (based on Holland Interests Codes)
· Take a short , fun, free quiz to find out which college major suits your academic achievements and interests
· Use these university sites to explore "What I can do with a major in?"
Regarding Financial Aid in US Institutions:
Please use this link to access a list of American Universities which offer Financial Aid for International Undergraduates.
Second... Research colleges and requirements in different countries.
College Search Engines
· US Institutions
· UK Institutions
· Canadian Institutions
Third... Visit a Campus - in person, if possible, or online.
Online College Tours
· A fun, online, upbeat and informative site that links students to US colleges.
Finally...Talk to Admissions Representatives that come to RC and check out where RC graduates are going and what it takes to get there!
Robert College intranet
· Provides a calendar of events, a list of college visitors, a timeline for students, university results, etc
Enter your RC password and choose "College Counseling"
· Naviance WorkspaceK12, a powerful tool for searching for colleges, organizing your applications, and benchmarking against RC graduates
For Naviance, choose the "RC-Naviance Link", enter your e-mail address and access code provided by your counselor
More websites recommended by Robert College students
· If you're on Facebook, go to college or university groups, or become a "fan" of the college and follow many events and join forum discussions
Check out http://www.collegeconfidential.com/