The Counseling Department is formed by the Coordinator, four counselors and an assistant. The Counseling Department Coordinator is Şükran Başarır (MA). The Counselors , Feyza Tuncay Pınar (Substituting İzzet Şengel), Sevil Taner (MA), Selin Şen (MA) , and Erkan Uğuzalp.
Please send your questions to email@example.com
Services provided by the Counselors are:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Consultation (parents-teachers)
- Assistance in decision making
- Psychological testing
- Providing information about the universities in Turkey
- Career guidance
- ÖSS guidance
- Organizing and implementing the Guidance program
What is Counseling
Counseling is a process of helping people to understand themselves and their world so that they are able to make sensible decisions and accept responsibility for the outcome of their decisions.
Information gained in the counseling relationships is of a confidential nature. If the counselor judges that it is in the interests of the child to share such information, she will do so only with the child’s knowledge and consent unless it is not related with his/her overall health.
Counseling helps you to
- work out difficulties you may have with people and with ourselves
- analyze your problems
- gather information
- think through the consequences
- select the best solution
- accept responsibility for your choices
For appointments please contact Ayşe Erensal by calling 0212 359 23 00.
How to arrange for appointments
Students are always welcome during office hours. They can see counselors during the breaks and free periods.
1. Intake groups : All students who start the Lise life are invited to the Counseling Office in small groups to provide an introduction to the available services.
2. As need arises, group guidance is given to interested students on subjects such as study skills, test anxiety, peer pressure, communication skills, decision making, career choices, etc.
3. Interest groups for selecting the universities in Turkey are organized.
4. Testing Programs :
Other questionnaires and tests measuring interests, skills or traits are given if needed.